****REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS ONLY****
***This is a FREE event ***
Microsoft Corporation (I) Pvt. Ltd.
# 471,2nd floor, Prestige Polygon
Anna Salai, Rathna Nagar
Teynampet, Chennai – 600018
Landmark – Opposite to Raintree Hotel
**For directions to the venue, contact 9841606690**
All attendees should bring any one identity proof without fail as mentioned below:
Pan Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhaar Card or Company ID Card
1. Laptop with Project 2010 or later version should be installed.
2. USB port should be enabled to copy practice files.
3. Bring your WIFI dongle or hotspot device (optional)
4. Bring any one identity proof for Microsoft security registration purposes.
5. Experience in preparing project plans in Microsoft Project is required
6. Laptop with SharePoint Designer 2013 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35491)
+ Project Managers
+ Project Web Access Administrators
+ Project Management Office
+ Business analyst
+ Decision makers
One of the many reasons for why organizations are moving to Project Online is its demand management process. The demand management process captures all work proposals in one place, guides the proposals through a multistage governance process, helps users make decisions about which proposals to approve, and tracks progress on project execution until the work is completed. A key component within demand management is the workflow governance model implemented in Project Server 2013 / Project Online.
During this event, the participants will implement demand management process including the following steps
1. Design the project proposal evaluation process
2. Define the lookup table values and custom fields
3. Design the project detail pages (PDP)
4. Define the workflow phases and stages
5. Design the workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013 (no more code!)
6. Associate the workflow with enterprise project template
7. Grant permission to the user involved the workflow
8. Debug workflow
09:30 – 10:00: Registration and Networking
10:00 – 10:05: MPUG Introduction
10:10 – 12:45: Presentation: Automate your governance process using Project Online workflow – Part 1 by Mr. B Sai Prasad, PMP®, PMP-SP®
12:55 – 13:00: Upcoming events, feedback and closing
PDU: 3 PDUs in Technical category for PgMP, PMP, PMI-SP credential holders
Our Sponsors: Special Thanks to “Microsoft, Chennai” for the venue and food arrangements.
B Sai Prasad, PMP®, PMI-SP®, MVP Business Solutions (Project) has been associated with MPUG since 2012. He got introduced to Microsoft Project “accidentally” at work. Through exploration and research, he learned how to and how not to use Project. To help those who might have similar challenges, he started contributing by answering questions in MPUG forums, followed by writing articles to benefit the larger community. With the support of Melanie Cosklo, President of MPUG, he founded MPUG Chennai Chapter in India. He and his volunteers mobilize speakers, sponsors, and audiences to make every chapter event successful.
Apart from Microsoft Project, he is the past Champion of Project Management from PMI India and also Champion Advisory Committee, PMI India. He is awarded the Champion of the Quarter (Q4 – 2012) and Delivery Excellence Award (2011-2012, 2012-2013) from PMI India. He’s also the editor of the project management book, Forecast Scheduling with Project 2010 and Forecast Scheduling with Project 2013. Microsoft recognized his effort and was awarded the prestigious Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award four times in a row since the year 2014.